Tunnel Ridge Outlook is located in the beautiful Mooloolah Valley, on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia.
Located near the village of Mooloolah, in a great spot with spectacular views over the Ewen Maddock Dam towards the coast. With the Dularcha National Park on the doorstep, Steve Irwin’s Australia Zoo a short drive away and the stunning Sunshine Coast beaches, Glass House Mountains and Hinterland within easy reach, it’s a great spot to relax and enjoy the Sunshine Coast.
For some ideas on places to visit, and things to do, all within easy reach of Tunnel Ridge Outlook, please check out our Gallery page.
352 Tunnel Ridge Road,
Directions from Brisbane Airport:
- Leave the airport, and look for signs for the M1 – Sunshine Coast
- Follow the M1 northwards, for 70km (appx 45 mins).
- Turn off at Exit 163 – onto Steve Irwin Way (signposted for Australia Zoo)
- Follow Steve Irwin Way for another 20km/20mins. You’ll pass by the Glass House Mountains and Beerwah.
- At Landsborough, turn left off the highway. Take another left, crossing the railway.
- Turn right onto Cribb St and follow it to the end.
- Turn right in front of the school, onto Gympie St N.
- Follow the road as it bends to the left (by the cricket oval).
- This is Tunnel Ridge Road. Follow the winding road upwards for 3.5km.
- You’ll see signs for a left turn – we are opposite the turn off on the right.
- Turn onto the front parking area – please be careful of oncoming traffic!
Directions from the North (Bruce Highway):
- When you see Aussie World on the right, you’re getting close.
- Turn off the Bruce at exit 188B (Steve Irwin Way / Landsborough)
- Follow the exit slip, join the main road, then take a left onto Steve Irwin Way.
- Follow Steve Irwin way for 3km.
- Turn right at the BP servo (Mooloolah Valley) onto Mooloolah Connection Rd.
- Follow Mooloolah Connection Rd. for 5km.
- Where the speed limit drops to 60km and the road becomes more winding, look for the 2nd road on the left: Tunnel Ridge Road (Landsborough).
- The road goes steeply uphill, then twists and turns. Follow for 1.5km.
- After a small road to the left (Ford Rd) the road rises slightly and we are on the left hand side (opposite a road off to the right).